Thursday, March 5, 2009

Pushing Myself

I managed to get through the day without messing up on what I ate - it helps to be busy at work. My work day had me pretty frustrated, so I was actually looking forward to my workout afterward. I pushed myself really hard and even bumped myself up two levels on the elliptical trainer. Mission accomplished! I left the gym tired and a lot less frustrated. If I could do things differently right now, I would change to working out early in the morning. Unfortunately, my high schooler just won't get out of bed and get ready on his own, so I'm stuck waiting until after work to hit the gym. On Saturdays, my husband and I go to the gym together in the morning and I feel so energized afterwards. I even take my dogs for a walk when I get home. When I go to the gym at night, I'm already somewhat tired and when I get home, all I want to do is collapse. Today I did the majority of my strength training during my lunch. I'm pretty lucky since my husband is a weightlifting teacher at the same school where I work. He helps me figure out how to do my exercises using his equipment (he's stuck with older weight machines and fewer options due to budget limitations). It's nice to know I have his support (and his weight room). :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment