Monday, March 16, 2009

I'm a loser!

I don't normally celebrate being a loser, but today I am. I have lost 10 pounds now!!!
At the start of this challenge, I was 100 pounds heaver than the weight I should be. I am now 10% closer to being there. A recent visit to the doctor made me realize how fortunate I am to be in this heart challenge. The doctor told me that I was probably only a matter of a few months from being diabetic and that if it weren't for everything I'm doing in the challenge, she would have to immediately put me on medication for that and for my high blood pressure. My blood pressure has already come down some and I'm determined to get myself out of this dangerous situation. Without the assessments we did at the beginning of the challenge, I wouldn't have known how truly bad my health was, and without all the changes to how I eat and exercise, I would be a perfect candidate for diabetes and heart disease. For those who are reading this blog, I beg you to get yourself tested so you won't be as blind as I was to the state of your health.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! Congratulations!!!!!! I'm jumping for joy for you. Just so you know. Haha.

    ReplyDelete