Thursday, March 12, 2009

Missing My Trainer

My trainer, Whitney, is out of town until Sunday, so I'm on my own. I decided not to work out at our regular time (6 pm) and instead waited until 10 pm when my husband went to the gym. In the meantime, I found myself really struggling with cravings for donuts, cake, cookies, etc. Fortunately, I don't have any of that stuff around the house. I really enjoyed my cardio workout tonight, but I missed having Whitney there to cheer me on. On the way home from the gym, my husband stopped to get a diet Coke. I was actually surprised that I walked past all the yummy treats in the convenience store and didn't even want them anymore. That was a benefit of exercise I hadn't expected. If it weren't for my husband going to the gym, I could have easily talked myself out of today's workout. It really helps to have someone to exercise with and to feel somewhat accountable to.

No comments:

Post a Comment