Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Experimenting in the Kitchen


Today is my trainer's birthday. Happy Birthday, Whitney!!
I wanted to do something nice for her, but didn't want it to be some fattening or sugary treat. While searching recipes on Spark People, I found one for Guiltless Chocolate Muffins. It used whole wheat flour, Splenda, and applesauce (and a few other ingredients). I didn't have any applesauce on hand, but remembered that we could use pumpkin to substitute for oil in baking just like we use applesauce. The recipe also called for chocolate chips, but I substituted cinnamon chips that I had on hand. The result was a 95 calorie muffin that was rich and delicious. I shared them with people at work and they thought they were great. When I met Whitney tonight to work out, I presented her with two of the muffins (with baby carrots stuck in the top like candles). She loved them. I'm encouraged that I can play around with food a little and make some delicious stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment