Thursday, March 19, 2009

Habits

I'm noticing that the changes I've made are starting to become habits now. It doesn't seem like a chore to look at food labels and actually think about my food choices. Other than yesterday's dip into the french fries at Apollo Burger, greasy and fattening foods don't really appeal to me. Even with the french fries I managed to not get carried away and I still stayed within my calorie limit. My husband and I now go to the gym every night for an hour. It has become such a normal thing for me now. It's still hard work, but I don't even get tempted to skip it. I have also noticed that when I get busy and stressed at work and I start thinking about food, I can pause and figure out whether I'm actually hungry or I'm just stress eating. Part of why this seems to be working is that I don't feel like I'm denying myself anything. If I want something, I eat it. I eat slowly and think about whether or not I really need that next bite. Sometimes I only want a taste of something in order to be satisfied. Other times, I adjust what I eat for the rest of the day to make room for it. It's hard to explain how good I feel about all of this. I have learned so much and can't wait to live a very long life as my reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment