Sunday, March 8, 2009

Down Day

I decided to go into the gym today since I keep feeling like I'm not doing enough. At first, I was kind of happy there was nobody else working out because I feel so awkward in there. It didn't take long before I felt no motivation to continue. I ended up doing 16 minutes on the bike, then 5 minutes on the cross trainer, 20 minutes on the elliptical, then 11 minutes on the treadmill. I just couldn't push myself to keep going on just one machine. I did a whole bunch of strength training after that, but still went home feeling pretty blah about the whole experience. It was hard not to pig out when I got home (or on the way home) since I tend to be an emotional eater. Somehow, I managed to get past all that and cook a very healthy dinner. I probably shouldn't have expected every day to be a good one, but the first three weeks of this challenge have been pretty uplifting overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment