Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hubby's on board now

My husband has been relatively supportive throughout this challenge, but there have been times where I felt like he and our kids were sabotaging me. Bringing home donuts, pizza, etc...

We made a few radical changes about 16 years ago when he was diagnosed with diabetes. That was hard for me because I'm not a good cook and the only things I did seem to enjoy making were breads and desserts -- forbidden items. We changed over to Diet Coke at that time and tried to eat better. The hubby got bored with the chicken and vegetables and I ended up reverting to the same old stuff I used to cook. He seems to have renewed interest now in getting himself into better shape. It's nice going to the gym together and he's handling the eating changes better so far. He's seeing a trainer at the gym and getting some great advice. I just hope I can keep up with him now!

No comments:

Post a Comment