Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bad Choice

I attended a funeral this morning and severely underestimated how long I would be out of the office and was unprepared for the hunger that arrived during that time. I was traveling with a group of coworkers and they chose to stop at a drive-in burger joint before returning to work. I was starving and couldn't find any reasonable choices on the menu. Almost everything there was fried in some or another. I finally chose to order a small cheeseburger, thinking it couldn't be too bad if I play it safe the rest of the day. One of my coworkers was much smarter and chose to wait until she got back to the office since she had food there to eat. The burger was delicious, but I realized just how bad that choice was about the time I arrived home from work. My insides were cramping and it felt like my entire intestine was trying to leave my body. Several hours of agony followed. Eating a greasy meal after limited fat so much for so long leads to some big intestinal problems. Lesson learned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment