Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Biggest Loser

At work we are having our annual Biggest Loser contest. It started today and will run through Memorial Day. We get into teams of 4-5 people and the winners are determined by percentage of weight lost. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to get people to understand why we do it that way. (If a 300 lb. person loses 10 lbs., it isn't much compared to if a 150 lb. person loses 10 lbs.) I've been involved with our Wellness Committee at work and have struggled with having everyone identify me with the Wellness Program when I look like I do. I'm not exactly the poster child for wellness. That's going to change! The thing I like about this contest is working with other people towards the same goal. We all check on each other and motivate each other. I should do better this year since I'm doing so much with the Heart Challenge. I've been trying to share the things I learn through the Heart Challenge with my coworkers so they can make improvements too. There's really no way to lose this contest if I make progress on my health.

No comments:

Post a Comment