Saturday, May 2, 2009

Training in the Rain

After missing the last couple of 5K training sessions with Traci, I was determined to go this time even though the rain was coming down. I used to let myself make excuses and talk myself out of exercising for almost any reason, but not today. Cressent was there and I was so happy to see her since she wasn't at class on Wednesday. I know she is having a rough time, but it was kind of nice that I got to set the pace today. Trying to jog or run has always been a problem for me. It usually hurts and I feel awkward and worn out. Traci showed me how to set a good pace and do intervals so I can jog a little without hurting myself and wanting to give up. I walked for five minutes, then jogged for one minute, then back to walking and so on. The first jogging interval was tough and my shins hurt, but it was a ashort interval and after walking five more minutes the next jogging interval went fine and without pain. We have a 5K coming up at work on May 11, so I'll get to try this out before our official Race for the Red. I'm glad I didn't let the rain stop me, but I was soaked to the skin at every level. Time to get warm and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment