Sunday, May 3, 2009

Biggest Loser Lessons

I've gotten into watching The Biggest Loser and they did a really cool challenge on their last show. Each contestant was given a large backpack with a picture of what they looked like at the beginning of the contest. Each backpack contained the weight that person had lost, contained in one bag for each week and the weight they lost that week. The challenge was to haul the weight they started with, climbing up one sand hill for each week of the contest. After reaching the top of the hill, they could get rid of the weight for that week. Obviously, the backpack gets lighter and lighter along the way. At the top of the final hill, they got to throw the backpack with their original picture off the top of the hill. They had a really tough time hauling the weight. Isn't it interesting how we can get used to lugging an extra 100 pounds around, just because it's on our body? I haven't lost my entire 100 pounds yet, but I am 1/5 of the way there. My friend from the trip to New York told me last night that he finally reached his goal weight. He did it in just under one year. Now it's my turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment