Sunday, May 17, 2009

My new workout partner

I was really looking forward to Saturday morning's training for the upcoming 5K. I arrived a little too late to join the rest of the group, but I didn't mind since I brought Shadow, my 10-month old beagle puppy. He loves to go for walks and made the whole experience fun. The only part he didn't like was people riding by on bicycles. That scared him, but he figured out that he could run behind me until they rode by and that worked well for him. He really liked it when we jogged. I'm still trying to figure out my pacing. I forgot to bring a watch, so I walked for about 2-3 minutes then jogged 30-60 seconds. I made it through the course okay, but my time was higher than at my 5k at work. I have to focus on walking faster in between jogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment