Friday, May 22, 2009

Final Numbers

My goals for this Heart Challenge have definitely been reached. I was so worried about getting my blood pressure and blood glucose down as well as my weight. SUCCESS!! At this morning's weigh-in, I had lost a grand total of 25 pounds, brought my blood pressure down from 160/88 to 135/90, went from a blood glucose of 132 to 100, and made a pretty good dent in my cholesterol numbers. My triglycerides went from 244 to 79!! I'm pretty sure I lost some inches around my waist, but I forgot to look at what the measurement was this morning. It's so nice to be healthier and to avoid having to start taking medications for all the problems I was building up.

I know this picture doesn't exactly make me look happy, but I actually am very happy with my haircut and my new look. It was fun to see everyone this morning looking so healthy and happy and eager to continue this challenge on their own. This opportunity has definitely been a life-saver and I am so grateful to everyone involved for making it possible. Probably my only regret is that the activities we were expecting from The Daily Herald never ended up happening. Maybe another time.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Karen you are awesome and I am so glad you are happy with yourself! Being happy is the best part! AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete